Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cute as a Button

So.....today I don't have a project for you, but I do have a tip on finding cute buttons!  While it takes a bit more time and effort than hitting the button aisle at your favorite fabric store, I have found some really cute/cool/bizarre buttons for much less than I would usually pay at my favorite fabric stores.  Where to shop........  Goodwill, thrift stores, your own closet, anyone's closet that you have access to and a knowledge of what they want to get rid of!  I have found all kinds of neat stuff, often for under a dollar!  I simply take the clothing item with the cool buttons home, wash well, and cut the entire button band off of the item.  That way, all of my matching cool buttons are still together.  Or, I cut the buttons entirely free of the fabric and put them in a zip baggy.  Yay!!!  Unique and cheap buttons!!!

Purple textured buttons and a nice brown and white combo.  Do note that the cute buttons do not necessarily have cute clothes to hold them, so check everything to find the cute ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment