Monday, February 20, 2012

Ruffle Scarf

I am fairly certain, without looking, that there are several, if not tons, of similar patterns on Ravelry for scarves like this.  But....  I didn't use them.  I picked out some yarn and needles and got started without a real plan or pattern.  Basically, it was going to be a really long skinny rectangle, but I quickly got bored with that plan.  I knit this scarf longways, so I decided to add a ruffle to one of the long sides.
I cast on about 300 stitches on a 36" 6 mm circular needle with my yarn, Bernat Mosaic in Ninja, held double.  I knit about 1.5 inches in garter stitch and then decided to make a ruffle.  On the next row, I knit two together, knit one, knit two together, knit one......  This cut the length of the scarf by a third.  Then, I kept up the garter stitch until I was about to run out of yarn.  This gave me about a 4.5 inch wide scarf that is about 48 inches long.
W was kind enough to model the scarf for me....

.... until he realized why I was taking pictures!

Here is a close up of the colors.  I am not sure why it was named "Ninja."
Now, to wrap and gift it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment