I started off with a simple one that had just gotten boring. I finished all of D and M's blankies. This might sound odd, but I learned a great deal about blankies when W was little. His blankie was one of a kind, simply because of the fabric type/age. It was an odd shape of green and super silky. There was only one. My mother and I spent many hours over his little years, relocating the blankie in stores, other people's homes, tangled in his covers, you get the idea. I tried to make "back-up blankies" to no avail. They were the wrong color. Really.
So, along come D and M. I made them sets of blankies. They received others as gifts. They have a blankie basket in their room and all of them are rotated through. I think there are about a dozen blankies total, and only recently have they even started paying attention to having the pink for M and the blue for D. This way, if one is lost/too nasty/ripped in half, I will not have to spend massive amounts of time searching for properly worn out minky dot fabric.
I also M-proofed this dress. And didn't take a single picture of her wearing it. But, it was a simple fix, and it even stays on her now when the snaps are undone! I added a piece of ribbon on each side of the opening and tied a cute bow, in a double knot! Yay!
I made matching shorts for the boys, except that W's might have fit him several years ago. Again, no pictures. (Maybe you are noticing a theme here...)
I have almost finished a dress that has sat, completely cutout, for several months. It is done now, except for the buttons. I sewed them on, but hated how they looked, so they have to be put on differently. And nope, no pictures.
I have continued work on the scrap basket, and it is almost done! My to sew list is growing, but I think I have the half done, totally incomplete pile under control again. Yay! It feels good to finish!
And now, pictures...
These are the pictures that we sent to their sitter, Mrs. Jen, for her birthday! She was on vacation, so it was an electronic card!