Thursday, February 9, 2012

Oliver's Coat

Nope, no kids here named Oliver.  But, I do happen to know an Oliver.  My little cousin is his mom, and he is a pig.  No kidding.  A pig.

And, Oliver was found to need a coat.  Apparently pig coats are often custom made and can be quite pricey.  That is where I come in....  the custom made part, not the pricey part.  I have done a good bit of sewing for my cousin before (bedroom decor cannot be found with pig themes), so they asked if I could make one.  I said, "Sure!"  I was referred to a facebook page to see what they were thinking, and I started by getting Oliver's measurements and making a test coat.  I didn't get pictures of the test coat fitting, but I did pretty good for my first pig coat.  So, on to the "real" pig coat.  (Which just sounds funny to me.)

First, I adjusted my original pattern to make it shorter by about 2 inches. I also had to adjust the location of the straps.  Then, we tried the coat on Oliver.  


There he is!!!  Oliver in his new coat!!!  And yes, the Cheerios were necessary to get him to put the coat on.

No comments:

Post a Comment