Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Monday, Monday

Yes, I do know that today is Wednesday, but I am going to write about what all happened on Monday.  D and M went to spend the day with their dad, like they usually do on Mondays.  But instead of going to work like I usually do on Mondays, I spent the day at home, with W, who was still sick.  Being as he is almost 11 (I still don't know how that happened), he is pretty self sufficient.  I had to get his drinks and feed him, but he can work the remote for all of the TV/video/game stuff better than me.  So, I had time to make stuff!!!

I bought fabric a few months ago to make the twins new crib sheets.  The fabric for crib sheets has to be at least 45 inches wide, which can be difficult to find in anything really cute.  I have repurposed old twin sized sheets into crib sheets before, but this time, I bought some Soft N Comfy (Joann), and it is wide enough.  So, the first Monday project was crib sheets, using the tutorial from Dana's Made here.  I did shorten the elastic to 72 inches, because I like for crib sheets to fit very tight.  They tested each other's for softness before we put them on the beds.
Here is D showing how to feel the softness.
And M showing how pretty her sheet is on the bed.


Then, it was on to Valentine's Day.  W has declared himself too old for cutesy stuff, so he will be getting a new pillowcase in "his" team's fabric.  Again, I used a Dana's Made tutorial for the pillowcase, which can be found here.  I only used one fabric, so I made my rectangle long enough to be both pieces in her instructions.
I think he will love it!

Then, cutesy stuff for the little ones.  Since complete sentences are still in D and M's future, I can dress them pretty much however I want.  Every now and then they have a problem with their clothes or demand to wear certain accessories, but usually it is all my choice.  So...... matching Valentine's Day clothes.  For D, I made a pattern from a piece of clothing that he already had, so I just had to tweak it for his less than long legs.  Miss M's dress is from Simplicity 6576, size Large.  Again, I got the fabric from Joann.
I know that D's legs aren't finished in this picture, but remember, they were with their dad while I was sewing. D has 12 month sized legs and an 18 month sized body, so I like to try things on him before I hem and put in the snaps.
And now, being modeled by the cuties themselves....



And because Mr. D does have rather short legs, I made him some flannel pants.  There are about a zillion tutorials online for little pants, but I do find that it works best to make my own pattern from a pair that fits hims well.

He thinks they will fit his head nicely. :-)


Then, it was on to another dress and starting another, but those will get shared another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment