Sunday, May 6, 2012

W's Birthday Surprise

Yes, I actually had a Saturday with no children in my home.  D and M are with their dad, and W had gone on a scout camping trip.  So, as planned, my mom and I spent the day destroying redecorating W's room for his birthday.  I had already ordered and received a blanket and wall stickers online.  I found this awesome tutorial and used it to make a huge pillow that was finished on this morning (More on that later).  The new bed was put together, and the room cleaned from top to bottom.  And now..... W's room.
The view from the door....  (And yes, I know that there is a lack of curtain on the window.  I can really only do so much with him only being gone for 27 hours.)
Mario wall...
The new bed... (The slide is fun.)
 W's Halloween picture is hanging over the bed, and I found the little Mario stickers at Target!
The video game cave is under the bed.  The giant bowl of stuff is for him to put away.  I don't want to mess up any of the game stuff.  The stickers under the bed came from IKEA.
And, a better shot of his pillow.  I will post more about making it later!

It is still not close to everyone's view of a perfect kids bedroom, but I think he will love it!  I will try to get some reaction pictures when he sees it!

No comments:

Post a Comment