Monday, May 14, 2012

Pants, With Big Pockets

I have noticed that lots of baby and toddler clothing has pockets, but the pockets are pretty unusable to the baby  or toddler wearing the clothes.  Little D loves pockets and will put stuff in them all day, but only if he can actually get his hand in and out of the pocket.  So, I have started adding pockets to the pants that I make for him.

I make a lot of his pants, simply because he has really short legs.  The short legs give him a really cute run/walk style, but I get tired of rolling the bottoms of his pants up.  I use a homemade (traced pants and made them shorter pattern) for him that seems to work well.  I have started making a fully lined, about 4x4 inch pocket and putting it on his pants so that it opens slightly above his knee.




It seems to be working out okay for him!  Now to work on wearing shoes that match!

No comments:

Post a Comment