Friday, March 9, 2012

Why Must He Keep Growing Up So Quickly???

Most oldest, W, is almost 11 years old.  I have no idea how this much time could have passed since he was born.  It just doesn't seem possible.  He went from being my only baby, to being so grown up that I just don't get it.  Let me give you an example....

Last weekend was his Cub Scout Pinewood Derby.  It was his last one since he will be in Boy Scouts next year.  This has been coming for quite some time, like the entire 5 years that he has been in Cub Scouts.  He was still a sweet little boy and wanted his car to win. (Note- He came in 3rd for his age bracket!)  D and M were his cheering section, and everyone had fun.

"Mom, don't take my picture now!"

 W and his car, the Black Blur.

D was about 15-30 minutes past happy when the races were finally over.  M was still happy.

Side note- She is almost always happy as long as she can take her shoes off and play with them.


Then, tonight, he grew up right in front of me.  Tonight was his Arrow of Light ceremony......  his very last Cub Scout event.  The next scout event that he will attend will be as a Boy Scout.  How did that happen?  Have I been asleep and missed years of his life?  I look at him, and he changes almost daily.  (And not just the way that he brushes his hair a very particular way now to look just right.)  He has grown about 4 inches since this time last year, and I just find it hard to believe that he will be 11 in May and start middle school next year.  Augh!!!!!
But, back to the Arrow of Light.....  He looked wonderful in his uniform, I hope I looked halfway decent for the pictures.
There he is at the beginning of the ceremony...

Look, I am there too...

W with his den leader...

Thanks to those who have led his den for the past 5 years.

He is growing up and there doesn't seem to be much that I can do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment