Friday, March 16, 2012

Picture Dress

I realized over the Christmas holidays that I have been incredibly slack with pictures.  Not really pictures, like photos, but portraits actually.  I realized that the twins were then 18 months old.  Not that I don't love them at any age, but it occurred to me that there were portraits made of them at 2 weeks old, and then, nothing.  16 months of no portraits!!!  With W, I had his portrait made about a zillion times before he was 2.  But, D and M, not so much.  I don't know why.  So, I have started making plans to have portraits made of all my kiddos.

I started with wardrobe choices, and decided, no matter how many times people do the white shirt thing, I like the way that it looks.  So, I searched the kids clothes for white shirts.  There are none to be found... at least none that were really still white.  Off to Old Navy and Target we went to get the boys dress shirts.  For M, I found nothing that I liked, or at least nothing that I liked that didn't cost $20 dollars.  And really, I am not spending that on white clothing for a toddler.  So, I decided to make her a dress.

I used white Minky Dot fabric and this tutorial for a place to start.  I added about an inch of width to the measurements, so that my fabric was 6 inches at the top and 12 at the bottom.  The elastic took some playing with, but I like the finished product, and so does Miss M.  And, I know, there aren't any pictures in this post. You have to wait until the portraits get done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment