Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Toddler Tank Tops

Due to the nature of my current career (mostly raising kids with a little office work thrown in for relaxation), I was recently off of the office work portion of my life for a little over 2 weeks.  Now, this is not cool in the payroll aspect of life, but it was fun in the relax with kiddos and shop on ebay side.

Oh yes, ebay.  That addictive auction site.  The one that I try dearly to stay away from for the sake of my checking account.  Everything is on there.  Or, almost everything.  During this 2 week ebay study, I was super excited to find Barney fabric!!!

Barney fabric!!!  The mystical fabric of my year.  I bought it.  It is awesome jersey knit.  The twins saw it coming out of the dryer, and were amazed and excited.  I cut them each a piece of it then, and they carried them around like little treasures!  So, I knew that the Barney fabric had to quickly turn from fabric into clothes, but what?

I needed it to be suitable for pink and blue toddlers, so I decided on tank tops.  I traced tanks that fit nicely, added seam allowances, and serged those babies into trimless tank tops!  Then I went into my fabric for something to use on the necks and arm holes.  I had nothing stretchy that matched!  I then decided to raid the tub of cute striped t-shirts for stretchy material.  Bingo!!!  Green and white stripes for M's tank top.  I still couldn't find anything small manly, so I used the same fabric as the body of D's shirt.

I think they turned out great, and so do the twins!!!  And, sorry for the terrible photos, but there just wasn't time to keep trying to get snazzy ones!


And, yes, they will sit still on their little couch to watch Barney!  And, M has decided that she doesn't like having her hair fixed this week, so I am picking battles carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment