Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fabric Yumminess

I have no clever project to share today, just a little something that I recently learned.  I guess I already knew it deep down in my fabric self, but it became much more clear to me this week....  Really nice fabric, the kind that I want to make a new wardrobe, quilt, and kids clothes from....  It really does exist.  I am sure there are tons of great fabric producers out there, but I found Moda, and I love it.

I ordered a set of charm squares (5 inch squares for quilts) on ebay.  When I opened the package, I learned how fabulous Moda fabric feels and looks!  For large pieces of fabric to sew clothes with, it will cost more than I like to pay for fabric, but I think it will definitely be worth it for special projects and events.  The only big negative, besides the cost (which really isn't terrible if you price other designer fabrics), is that now I really want to start some new projects with Moda, even though I only have one set of 42 squares.  But, I will try to prevail over my desire to start new stuff.  I need to completely wrap-up everything partially done, and then I have a robe and a blanket on the sewing list.  Those are not for me, so I think it will work telling myself that I already promised my cousin to sew these things for him.  Then.....   I may have to break down and make myself something from some Moda fabric.

And, now, because W says that I don't have enough pictures of him on the blog, I present my soon-to-be 6th grader.....
He took this picture of himself, and I like how you can see his game posters behind him! I am not really sure why his mouth is wide open, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment