Monday, July 9, 2012

Our 4th of July

As I said before, the 4th of July is a time of deep appreciation for those that have given and continue to dedicate their lives to our safety and freedom.  And, it can also be a time for fun with family and friends.

We started the holiday early by watching fireworks on the lake.  We spent the afternoon with our friends, on their boat, swimming, eating, and having fun.  The twins had never been on a boat before, so that was a fun first for them.

The fireworks came late in the evening for the twins, but they both enjoyed the show.  And then, there was a nice relaxing ride back to the dock.  The 11 year old, the 7 year old, and one 2 year old were sound asleep by the time we docked.  Miss M was still wide awake!

Then, on the actual 4th of July....We went out to breakfast!  Love a good southern breakfast!  M concentrated very hard on everything.  I love when she thinks really hard and sticks her tongue out.
Then, we headed to Home Depot to check out lawn mowers.  Not very exciting for me, but D thought that the riding mowers were the best thing he had ever seen.  I didn't get a picture of him sitting on any of them, but he did have a blast.  The thrift store was next.  We scored big with a Barney book and some cute fabric!
 (D wouldn't let me see his face while he showed me the book!)
Naptime was next up.  Sorry, I didn't get any cute sleeping kid pictures either.  Then they were up and going full steam.  We played for a while, and they were very disappointed that it was too hot to play outside.
Block table...
 "Fixing" W's shoes...
 D loves "Bizz."
 The funny lips are D making car noises.
 M matches the teddy bear.

Then, it was time to go for an awesome BBQ dinner with family and friends.



W stayed with my mom to watch the fireworks, but the little ones and I headed home. They got to sleep before the fireworks started booming around here!  I hope everyone else had a fabulous 4th too!

P.S.  I did make D and M's outfits, but there will be more on that some other day!

No comments:

Post a Comment