Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New Sewing Friend

I have a new sewing friend, but she needs a name...

I know that I usually only sew clothes for the kiddos, but I have been wanting to make more time for "me" sewing.  Sooooo, when W and I ran to the thrift store and saw her for almost nothing, I knew that she had to come home and be my new friend.  Maybe now I will find more time to sew for me!

And, I did make the skirt that she is wearing, but it didn't require any sewing.  I picked up a high waisted, long top at the thrift store.  The gathered portion was elasticized, so I cut straight across under the arms and folded the bodice into itself to make the waistband! It makes a super comfy skirt for me and my new friend.

But, back to a name.....  She is fun to hang out with, as she appreciates sewing.  She doesn't argue with me about color choice or fabric type.  And, best of all, unlike some other people in this house, she doesn't ask when I am making her something new.  All that said....  She still needs a name.  I would love to get some name ideas down in the comments.  I seem unable to come up with ideas on my own.  Thanks!

1 comment: