Thursday, April 26, 2012

Another Dress, But It Fits, Sort Of

I have been on a dress making failure kick, so I thought I would share another one!  This one actually fits perfectly, but has another small problem.  I found this tutorial for a super cute wrap-around dress.  I like how easy the pattern is, and how quick the dress comes together.  I made one, and I think it turned out really cute!
She even let me braid the top part of her hair!!!  The problem that I ran into with this dress, and it is quite a fixable problem, is that it is held together in the front by two snaps.  M, being almost 2 herself, took about two minutes to figure out how to remove the dress from her body.  I do believe that it will require buttons to keep it on, but I am not sure how that will look on this fabric.  I am going to have to play with the placement and see if I can hide them.  Other than the quick removal feature, I love it!  I think it looks fun and summery.  Now, we just need to get to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment