Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Peeps for Easter

I love Dana's tutorial for making Peep bunting and all things Peep.  My only problem is pure laziness, or maybe just a lack of time.  So, instead of sewing them together, I hot glue them.  I love my glue gun!

I have made a bunting, lots of magnets, and even used her Peep template to do the freezer paper stencils that I also learned from her blog.  D and M wore them last Easter.


They were so little a year ago!  And, they hadn't started walking yet, so they couldn't run opposite directions!!!

Toddler shirts in solid colors aren't very easy to find, but I did find some, even in the right sizes.  I did use the right kind of paint this year, fabric paint instead of acrylic.  It really did make a difference in how nice the finished shirts looked.  Fabric paint can be found in the t-shirt area of craft stores.

D and M wore their Peep shirts to our church Easter Egg Hunt (indoors due to rain), and for a quick photo trip to Newberry College.

M was ready to hunt some eggs!

D is now a pro egg hunter.

W even got into the hunt!

M enjoyed her cookie!

D denies all knowledge of already having a cookie.

M wanted to see the flowers, and D wanted to make sure that we had noticed the fountain behind us.

Yes, that fountain over there.

We finally had to go inspect the fountain.

And then it was back to smelling flowers.

So serious!

This is how D's mouth looks in the middle of a word.

M posed once she had found a rock.

W in the flowers.  He has been a trooper about his braces!

D was also quite excited to see a tree, which is funny.  There are woods all around our house, and we play outside all the time.

A very determined little M!

One smelling flowers while the other one poses.  That is how most of our pictures turn out.

And... back to the fountain.

Again, he was excited, but he had no clue what it is.

I think the shirts turned out cute, and the kids were hilarious as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment